“It is often said that Mother Nature’s colors rarely clash.
When you are looking for color inspiration, look no further
than a park or your own backyard.”
– Thalia Keple, quote from “Seeing Mother Nature’s Colors”
Dear Artists and Art Enthusiasts!
Relax in today’s late evening warmth while reading the latest Artist’s Voice, Ashland Art Center’s quarterly newsletter. We thank all of the Art Center artists and members who contributed to this edition, and an especially big thanks goes to our volunteer Editor, Ingrid Karazincir, who continues to create the newsletter from out-of-state. And, thank you for reading our newsletter and supporting Ashland Art Center, its artists, and the visual arts in our community.
In this issue, you’ll find so much to inspire you!
- Teacher and artist Thalia Keple shares how colors in her garden inspire her and her art
- Creative life coach Patricia Morrison has useful tools take with you on the journey of a new project or venture
- Felting artist and teacher Jo Ann Manzone immerses us in the rich experience of botanical painting and dyeing
- Wanda Pepin delivers the latest Art to Business exhibits and locations
- Development consultant Kathleen Davis gives us insight into what the future could hold for AAC
- Visiting artist Josie Rodriguez dives into the history of encaustic art and what her work is like ~ Josie is a San Diego-based artist who is coming to AAC to teach a one and a half day workshop at the Art Center on Saturday and Sunday, July 12 and 13. There are still four spaces available. Register today if you’re interested!
- Artist Member Judy Elliot reminds us to use our art for a cause ~ her art show “Save Our Oceans” raises awareness about pollution in our oceans
- Finally, felting artist Liza Hamilton announces her many new art classes, including workshops, weekly series, and drop ins
There is a lot to enjoy, ponder, and think about. Enjoy!
Ashland Art Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to supporting the arts in our community through education, art experience, and artist support for all ages. Visit us today! We are open seven days a week, 10 – 6. You can also check out our classes, workshops, and events on our website, and we have many fun updates from our community of artists on our Facebook page ~ Like us today!
Ashland Art Center
357 E Main Street
Ashland, OR 97520