Drop Off Date for Rogue Valley Biennial, More from Rogue Gallery

The Rogue Gallery & Art Center is proud to host the Third Rogue Valley Biennial, February 20 – April 10, 2015. We invite both emerging and established artists. Three $200 Jurors’ Choice Awards will be presented for work that best captures interpretations of our world today, commentary on contemporary issues, or is innovative and/or the unusual.


  • Each artist may submit up to three pieces.
  • A $20 non-refundable submission fee is required for all artists. (Rogue Gallery members and non-members).
  • Work must be original art in any medium. (No giclees).
  • Only work in excellent condition (clean mats and frames) will be accepted.
  • For the safety of the artwork, all work must be properly framed and wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers. Watercolors and works on paper must be covered by glass or Plexiglas with no exposed edges (closed frames only).
  • For all art sold, the Rogue Gallery receives a 40% commission from the sale price, artist receives the remaining 60%.
  • 40” x 40” size limit.
  • Created in the last two years


  • Drop-off work for jurying gallery hours Friday, February 13, 10am-5pm and Saturday, February 14, 11am-3pm
  • Pick-up non-accepted work: February 17 & 18
  • Exhibition dates: February 20 – April 10, 2015
  • Opening reception: Friday February 20, 5-8pm, we ask that all selected artists attend.
  • Pick-up: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 11am -3pm

Keith Johnson
Keith holds a B.A.A. in Advertising Art and Industrial Design and a M.F.A. in Printmaking and Painting from the California College of Arts and Crafts, Oakland, California. He has taught art in Oregon and California including printmaking, figure drawing, painting, and jewelry making. He has exhibited nationally and internationally. He resides in Jacksonville.
Janet Higgins
Janet is a graduate of UC Berkeley. She has taught sculpture at Rogue Community College and has a number of public art pieces in the city of Grants Pass. Janet has also participated in a number of Evergreen Bank’s projects including Bearfest and Imagination Village. A resident of Southern Oregon, she is also a member of the contemporary art group AMBUS.
Southern Oregon Public Television is gathering images of Southern Oregon to be used in an upcoming on-air project. They are looking for full-sized, high resolution photographs, as well as full-sized, high quality copies of paintings & prints that show Southern Oregon. Horizontal Images Strongly Preferred.
Nature & Landscapes, City & Townscapes, Rural & Urban – Please No Portraits
  • Preferred file format: jpeg – max size 5mb
  • E-mail your photos and artwork copies to: [email protected]
  • Include your name, contact info & a brief description of the submitted work.
  • For questions or more information: [email protected]
RVTD Clean Air Campaign Art Contest
We all love the Rogue Valley!  From Mt. Ashland to Table Rocks and beyond, this valley has many enjoyable activities that bring us outside.  We also have this phenomenon called an inversion layer.  This inversion occurs because we are in a bucket (a valley surrounded by mountains on all sides) that sometimes traps the same air for weeks at a time.  While we can’t change that, we can change some of our actions that contribute to the amount of pollution in that trapped air.  We can drive less, take public transportation, ride our bikes, walk, or simply not idle our engines. That’s where the new Clean Air Campaign comes in!  The Rogue Valley Council of Governments (RVCOG) has been awarded a Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) grant to share information with residents about air quality in the Rogue Valley and how you can reduce the number of “bad air” days. As a way to get residents involved with the campaign, RVCOG wants your best art!

  • What do you love about the Rogue Valley?
  • What do you like to do outside on beautiful, clear days?
  • Bicycling or hiking, looking for plants or animals, rafting or skiing, sunrises or sunsets, playing soccer or simply relaxing in a hammock?
  • Draw it on paper no larger than 11”X17”.

A panel of judges will pick up to 10 winners whose art will be applied to one of RVTD’s new Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) powered buses in the summer of 2015.  Your art could be travelling around the Rogue Valley for the next seven years, showing what you love about where you live!  Gift card prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place drawings!  Make it happen!
All submissions must be turned in to RVCOG or RVTD during normal business hours by the end of April for judging by end of May 2015. Soon you may see your art on a RVTD bus stopping in your community or at your school!  For more information, please visit the program website currently under development at http://www.roguevalleycleanair.org/.

For prize info and more specifics, please contact:
Mike Bowman: [email protected], 541-608-2420 OR Greg Stabach: [email protected]

Leave a Reply