Trending Articles

Friends of SOAR

For great posts about the business of art, check out The Artsy Shark HERE!
ArtistsBillofRights.org reviews competitions and appeals seeking creative content, listing those that respect your copyrights and highlighting those that don't. Art Matters! publishes calls to artists, and not all of them may be compliant with ABoR's standards. Visit their site to learn more.
We support the Embedded Metadata Manifesto.  Metadata is information such as copyright notice and contact info you can embed in your images to protect your intellectual property, save time when uploading to social sites and promote your art. Click to visit the site and learn more.

Call to Artists from Rogue Gallery

The Rogue Gallery & Art Center announces

Call to Artists  for the 2015 Rogue Valley Biennial Exhibition

Hosted at the Rogue Gallery & Art Center

Drop-off date: Fri., February 13 (10:00 am-5:00 pm) & Sat., February 14 (11am-3pm)

 

The Rogue Gallery & Art Center is proud to host the Third Rogue Valley Biennial, February 20 – April 10, 2015. Reception to be held on Friday, March 20, 2014.

 

We invite both emerging and established artists to submit up to three innovative pieces to be juried for this exhibit. The Rogue Valley Biennial Art Exhibit is held at different locations in Southern Oregon every other year. For 2015 the Rogue Gallery and Art Center will be hosting the exhibit. The exhibit celebrates the talents of Southern Oregon artist and also encourages artists to expand their vision in their work.  Awards will be given for artwork that best depicts the innovative and/or the unusual.

 

Biennial exhibits most commonly are used within the art world to describe exhibits that occur every other year. The first exhibit in 1895 was held in Venice, Italy and is still considered the most important. Biennial exhibits are now held throughout the world, most often celebrating contemporary art. The focus of the art is frequently on current cultural events that influence the perception of our everyday life. The 2015 Rogue Valley Biennial Exhibition features work that presents interpretations of our world today or a commentary on contemporary issues. This may include artist’s expression of current events, art movements, or political issues.

 

Three $200 Jurors’ Choice Awards will be given to artists of work the jurors judge are the best at capturing the concept of the exhibit.

Drop off dates are gallery hours Friday, February 13 (10:00 am-5:00 pm) and Saturday, February 14, 2015 (11am-3pm). For further questions please contact Kate Marrocco, 541-772-8118 or [email protected]

 

Submission Guidelines

  • A $20 non-refundable submission fee is required for all artists (Rogue Gallery members and non-members).
  • Work must be original art (no giclees).
  • Only work in excellent condition (clean mats and frames) will be accepted.
  • For the safety of the artwork, all work must be properly framed and wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers. Watercolors and works on paper must be covered by glass or Plexiglass with no exposed edges (closed frames only).
  • For all art sold, the Rogue Gallery receives a 40% commission from the sale price, artist receive the remaining 60%.

Important Dates

  • Drop-off work for jurying gallery hours Friday, February 13 (10:00 am-5:00 pm) and Saturday, February 14, 2015 (11am-3pm)
  • Exhibition dates: February 20 – April 10, 2015
  • Opening reception: Friday March 20, 5-8pm, we ask that all selected artists attend, if possible
  • Pick-up: Saturday, April 11, 2015 11am -3pm

 

The Rogue Gallery & Art Center is a non-profit community art center, founded in 1960 to promote and support the arts in the Rogue Valley. The center exhibits a wide range of artistic styles and mediums from local and national artists. Programming includes art educational opportunities for children and adults. Hours of operation are Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.Call (541)772-8118 for more info or visit www.roguegallery.org.

Leave a Reply