Christmas is perhaps the most widely embraced, lovingly anticipated and celebrated annual event for many families in Oregon. In the grand tradition of holiday merriment, the Art’Clectic Local Artisans Group has created a “Pop-Up” event with 12 local artisans, offering an “Authentically Oregon” mix of fine artisan made items including Fine Art, Hand woven Textiles, Quilts, Furniture, and more. There will be a special table with low cost items where children can shop for presents for Mom & Dad (and stay within a small budget). The group will also offer stylish gift wrapping to personalize presents with simple, beautiful papers and ribbon.
The Art’Clectic Artisans Market will be held during the Victorian Christmas Weekends:
Where: 175 S. Oregon Street (IOOF #10)
When: December 5-7th, December 12-14th, December 19-21st.
Time: Fridays from 4-8pm, Saturday & Sundays from 10-6pm.
The Art’Clectic Artisans Group started as a social gathering, meeting once a month at the home of one of the artists. The ongoing meetings are an opportunity to freely discuss changes in the artist community and art market place, upcoming art events, and personal news about family and friends. Artisans include:
- Patrick Beste – Watercolorist
- Roberta Coakley-Vargas– Mixed Media Artist
- Sheri Croy – Mixed Media Decoupage Artist
- Susan Frank – Pastel Artist
- Carol Laenen – Textile Artist
- Tony Laenen – Watercolor/Acrylic Artist
- Vivian McAleavey – Photographer
- Tom Ommen – Photographer
- Lisa St. Arnold – Local Furniture Artisan
- Zoe West – Encaustic Artist
- Char Wirfs – Textile Artist
- Walt Wirfs – Oil Painter & Graphite Artist