Arts Alliance of Southern Oregon invites all arts enthusiasts to our Spring Community Meeting on Tues., April 14th from 2:30–3:30PM in the Shield Room at The Bear Hotel, 2101 NE Spalding, Grants Pass, OR 97526. All attending will have the opportunity to sign up for an Arts Alliance Charter Membership for just $20!
The Arts Alliance of Southern Oregon is an organization of artists, arts organizations, arts advocates, and the public, dedicated to building a strong, creative and sustainable arts community in southern Oregon.
In the spring of 2013, leaders from various arts organizations gathered with a vision to strengthen partnership and improve communication for the benefit of the greater arts community. Since then, we have regularly held panel discussions, public, and steering committee meetings to gather input as to what the Arts Alliance should be, and created mission and vision statements. Meeting locations vary throughout Southern Oregon in Medford, Ashland, Grants Pass, Jacksonville, and Kerby in order to be accessible, to encourage participation by the regional arts community, and to demonstrate our commitment to being an inclusive, positive, communicative, creative, informative, collaborative, and valuable resource to the arts community and the public.
Participants in a Community Meeting take part in a discussion about the Arts Alliance
With ongoing input from our arts community, we decided to create an active and robust Arts Alliance to help our arts community thrive. Our vision for the Arts Alliance is to accomplish this mission through:
- Developing a strong, supportive system of sharing information and services among individuals and groups having art as a common interest.
- Strengthening the economies of Southern Oregon communities by increasing the demand for art and increasing arts advocacy.
- Supporting activities that raise awareness of the importance of the arts and create opportunities for all to participate in and experience the arts.
It is our goal to connect Jackson and Josephine County together through culture. We realize this can have a significant economic impact on everyone who lives in the area, as well as benefitting tourists here for a short stay.
Our current steering committee include:
- Brooke Nuckles Gentekos, artist, arts advocate, and Executive Director of Sanctuary One in the Applegate Valley
- Susan Burnes, President of the board of directors Grants Pass Museum of Art in Grants Pass
- Joyce Abrams, President of the Southern Oregon Guild of Artists in Kerby
- Anne Brooke, artist and founder/director of Art Presence Art Center in Jacksonville
- Hannah West, artist, arts advocate, web designer, Art Presence Board member and founder of the Southern Oregon Artists Resource in Jacksonville
- Denise Baxter, Executive Director of the Ashland Art Center in Ashland
- Cammy Davis of It’s All About Art and southern Oregon art advocate in Jacksonville
- Hyla Lipson, co-founder and chair of Artworks in Grants Pass
- Kim Hearon, Executive Director of the Rogue Gallery and Art Center in Medford.
2015 is the pilot year for the Arts Alliance of Southern Oregon. Presently we are planning its launch and preparing for this by building a website, creating a map and calendar, designing and creating marketing materials, continuing to streamline communication, and building membership. We would like to express our gratitude to the Oregon Community Foundation for the grant that is helping us accomplish the Arts Alliance Launch in Spring 2015.
Participants in the last Community Meeting contribute ideas for the Arts Alliance slogan
During our last community meeting we brainstormed slogans for the arts marketing campaign, narrowing the candidates down from a huge list of contributed ideas. The steering committee is coordinating details for the arts marketing campaign including a logo design, regional coordination, fundraising, and continued outreach to our blossoming arts community and arts enthusiasts throughout southern Oregon. We hope you will be among the artists, regional arts leaders, gallery representatives, and art enthusiasts who join us on April 14 to make their voices heard and continue working toward the fulfillment of our collective goals!
Learn more about the Arts Alliance of Southern Oregon at our website: http://www.artsalliancesouthernoregon.org/ and keep up with our events, news, and latest developments on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtsAllianceSO
Arts Alliance of Southern Oregon
P.O. Box 24
Jacksonville, OR 97530